Monday 13 January 2014

Revlon Chalkboard Nail Art Review

revlon chalkboard nail art
For Christmas one of my friends bought me Revlon's duel ended Chalkboard Nail art set. As it is a bit of a novelty varnish, I thought I would give it a go and do a little review for you while I am at it!
matte black nail effect
So here is how my nails looked once I had painted 2 coats of the matt black. Let me tell you, this stuff dries super fast! It was great!  Next I had to come up with a design to paint on them with the chalk paint. 

It has a skinny brush so that you can do intricate designs. Although, I don't know anyone that would be able to draw something freehand neatly on their nails, especially when using their non dominant hand! 

I decided to get out my trusty nail stickers to make the design as neat as possible. I opted for a  lightning bolt effect using these stickers (number 7).


Revlon chalkboard nail art
So here is the finished effect! What do you think? Probably not as neat as I would have liked.  In fact, I quite like the black on it's own. I'd like to try out using just the matte black together with a shiny black, like in this post. Although I think you would need to use a matte top coat if you wanted these to last for more than a day, as it does seem to chip quite easily. So I'm  not quite sure how you would get a top coat to work with that design!

The other thing I noticed about this dual varnish, was that there were a few times I started opening it upside down by accident,  I could see it making a bit of a mess if you aren't careful! Also, the skinny shape of the bottles makes them a little wobbly when you set them down, so definitely one to have an old magazine or something under just in case!

What is your take on chalkboard nails?

Laura xXx

4 comments:

  1. Thought about buying this but wasn't too sure how it would turn out so it's great to read a review. I have one of the neon duel ended polished and I totally hear you about the difficulty with setting it down. I do like the look of the black on it's own so might just give it a try. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great. This is a very good post. I like his post very much. This helped me in completing my project. Thanks!

    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other thing I noticed about this dual varnish, was that there were a few times I started opening it upside down by accident, hp laptop backpack , ac blankets for summer I could see it making a bit of a mess if you aren't careful! Also, the skinny shape of the bottles makes them a little wobbly when you set them down, so definitely one to have an old magazine or something under just in case!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena