Friday 23 November 2012

A day in the life - Bits and Bobs

I would say that I had a lazy weekend, but that wouldn't be true because I was actually very busy! I just didn't actually venture outdoors! I was crafting, planning and tidying all weekend, so we didn't have a chance for much adventuring. Instead I thought I would share a few pics of what I was up to, and mini tour of my room.
glasses
Craft in progress... these boxes are nearly finished now. Do you recognise the pattern?
boxes
This is my collection of letter stamps. I use them for all kinds of crafts from card making to scrap booking.
stamps
 Buttons, I love buttons, everyone loves buttons! This is just the smallest jar i have full of them!
buttons
 I have had these Russian Dolls for years but only recently re-discovered them whilst helping my mum clear out all of our old stuff. They are now sitting proudly in my bureau.
russian dolls
 I got this singer sewing machine from a charity shop for £35, table and all! I love it.
Singer Sewing Machine
 One of the best things about buying it was finding all of the previous owners treasures in the draws.
cotton reel
I love having pretty books on display. I haven't had time to read any of these since my mum bought them for me for christmas, but they are next on my list!
thomas hardy books
This radio is one of my most useful DIY's. I originally bought it from a carboot sale for £4. It is actually not a real vintage radio, it's a reproduction. I decided to give it a new lease of life by painting it a shabby chic cream. Its best feature? It is also a tape player! 
vintage radio
 I love this typewriter I bought from a charity shop for £7.50. It has ribbon in it so it actually works, but I havent decided exactly what I want to do with it yet. It's such a pretty colour though!
Vintage typewriter

Laura xXx

7 comments:

  1. Such real treasures you have there! I love my letter stamps too, I don't think there's a week that goes by where I don't find a new use for them. Your Singer is gorgeous, what a bargain! I learned to sew on an old Singer because as a child I could use the wheel to sew reeeeally slowly as an electric pedal would have been dangerous. Just five minutes ago I was transferring my own button stash into a larger jar in that style - I suspect it won't have space in it for long!

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much in common us bloggers have :)

      Delete
  2. What lovely little things you have! My nana has three of those Singers, with the tables and all. She uses one and the other two are in her shed, I have her persuaded to give me one for my new house when it's ready to move in to. You certainly have an eye, loved the sneak peek into your room!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love old sewing machines. I think one day I will collect them if my boyfriend lets me ;)

      Delete
  3. I've got letter stamps on my crafting wishlist, after spotting an easy-as-pie tutorial for printing words onto the edges of book pages (to look like this - http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/64457838386227528_f2UlMVfI_b.jpg) Love your collection of treasures x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These stamps would be perfect for that. They were only £1 for each set from Dunelm Mill!

      Delete
  4. Omw, those books look amazing! I love old books too and am always scouring second hand stores for pre-loved classics, which I then read or re-read if I've read them before. By bedside table is full of them, I feel like they give me a good feeling or give off some kind of energy or something that makes me happy, haha. Pretty much love everything in the other pics, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena